A massage gun is a device that you can use to help relieve tension in the muscles. At least that’s what the massage gun industry claims. So, is a massage gun worth it or is it a scam? Does it actually work? We’ve put together this article to answer these questions and more so you’re ready to buy one with confidence.
What Is a Massage Gun?
You may associate a massage gun with a device that the professionals who work on racehorses use to help loosen the muscles of these large animals. However, you can also use a much smaller version of this device to relieve your own muscle strain and tension. It’s no big secret that repetitive motions over time can relieve pains in your muscles. In fact, this is one reason why many people enjoy going to massage therapists. That being said, not everyone has the time or money for this luxury, which is where a massaging gun comes into play.
The theory behind this gadget is that you can target these localized areas of tension and help to relax them. This may not be the same as getting a professional massage, but it does relieve some of that tension. Plus, if you’re dealing with chronic muscle pain, it’s at least something to take the edge off your discomfort.
A massage gun might help you treat your tennis elbow too, read the article below:
Can You Use Theragun For Tennis Elbow and How to Use It?
What feels like a massage gun? If you’ve ever owned an electric toothbrush or another electronic device like that, then you might understand what one feels like. It vibrates against the skin, which is supposed to help loosen up those muscles and relieve pain where they’re located.
You use this device by placing your hand on it and moving it in circles on your skin. It’s supposed to help loosen up the muscles and release some of that tension, which is why some people refer to it as a muscle massager.
What Are Some of the Advantages of Using a Massage Gun?
While you’re likely already aware of many advantages associated with using this device, we’d like to highlight just a few here. Some of the potential benefits that come with using the device include:
- It’s easy to use. As long as you can handle an electronic toothbrush, then you should be able to use this device. It doesn’t get any easier than sticking your hand on top and simply putting it in motion.
- It’s inexpensive. While it may cost much more than just using your hands, this device is extremely economical in the long run. There is much less chance that you will need to fix any issues that may arise because the price of the unit is so affordable.
- It allows for a lot of customization. The main tip size and style can be changed to fit your personal needs and preferences, as well as those of those you may be massaging.
- It’s portable. While you are unlikely to be able to fit it into your pocket, this device is still much more portable than its counterpart—the full body massage chair.
- It’s easy to clean. The device is essentially just a plastic tip that has been placed over a motor and battery pack that comes with an on/off switch. The motor and battery pack can also be easily cleaned, which makes it easy to prevent any issues from arising in the future due to the accumulation of dirt and grime.
- It’s fast. When you compare this device with having your back massaged by someone else, it’s easy to see that the speed at which the massage is administered is much quicker than traditional methods.
- It can be used on a wide variety of areas. While it was originally designed to be used on the back, it can be used virtually anywhere that you need a little extra relaxation and relief from tension. This includes the neck, shoulder, legs, arms, feet, and other areas.
- It produces results. Using this device should help you to achieve the results that you are looking for. If you want to relax more or deal with sore muscles then using this device is likely something that can help you to achieve your goal.
- It’s great for the treatment of Plantar Fasciitis. While you may not even realize that it has something to do with your feet at first, this condition is becoming much more common than ever before due to the fact that people are putting so much pressure on their feet throughout their day—especially if they are working on their feet, a massage gun worth it for them.
If you want to learn more about the benefits of the massage gun, check the article below:
11 Reasons Why You Should Use a Massage Gun After Workout
Is A Massage Gun Worth It?
If you have a tight muscle, a massage gun can be a great tool to use. There are many benefits to using one like it will help reduce the amount of chronic pain you suffer from. It probes deep tissue areas of sore muscles with its metal attachments, which is what allows it to work so well.
So is this new product worth the investment? Well, it really depends on your needs and preferences for purchasing items like this. If you like gadgets and want to try out something different then yes, getting one of these might be worth it for you. Some find massage guns great at soothing sore muscles after exercising or working all day on their feet. The best part is that they are very easy to use and can be a great alternative for a massage therapist.
Also, you may have knee pain because you work on your feet all the time; check this article to learn how a massage gun relieves knee pain:
Get Incredible Results With Using Massage Gun For Knee Pain
What are some of the benefits of using this product compared to traditional massage techniques? A lot of people have attributed their success using these to acupuncture. It stimulates nerve endings in the skin which causes a release that is similar, but different from the traditional way of having your points stimulated with needles. The gun also has two switches so you can easily switch between the two settings.
So what are some problems associated with this type of gun? It can be tricky to use at first so it might take several tries before you get comfortable. Also, it has a tendency to be painful if you use too much pressure on your joints. It’s easy to use on sore muscles after exercise, but it is probably not something you would want to use all day long.
Massage guns are mostly used on legs and backs. If you are looking for something more specific then don’t rule out asking your chiropractor or personal trainer if he uses them. They can also be helpful for people who need some medical intervention, like diabetic patients who might have really painful joints.
Some claim that a massage gun can help you lose weight. Check the article below to see if there is any truth to that:
Does Using a Massage Gun for Cellulite Works or Not?
What Are The Features You Should Look at in a Massage Gun?
Adjustable heads and handles make some of them easier to use (such as reaching certain body parts). You should also consider whether you wish to transport your device; mini massage guns, for instance, might be a good choice, since they are easy to pack. Moreover, you should also pay attention to the gun’s volume or intensity, as this will also affect your enjoyment.
Any massage gun you purchase should have different attachments that will allow you to hit the tough spots or those that are hard to reach. You should also be able to select gentler or more intense percussive movements with different settings.
Warranties are essential for massage guns. Upon discovering a defect, you can turn to the manufacturer. Make sure you know how to obtain a warranty from the manufacturer and what the terms are. Think about how easy it will be to file a claim, especially if you will buy the product overseas. Getting a massage gun worth it as long as it has a warranty.
Recommended High-End Massage Gun
With Bluetooth connectivity, the Hypervolt massager and Hyperice App seamlessly sync to let you go through pre-built or custom recovery programs. Hypervolt provides pain relief and improves mobility via a cordless form of percussion massage.
It’s the only percussion device out there with whisper-quiet technology. It also has 3-speed settings; you get up to 3200 percussions per minute. Finally, you don’t really have to worry about recharging the gun all time because the rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts up to three hours per charge.
Hypervolt might be considered pricey for some people, however, it’s better to pay a bit more to avoid getting injured by a cheap massage gun.
What is your verdict? Is a massage gun worth it or is it a scam?
In our opinion; as long as you don’t purchase something that can burn a hole in your pocket, you are good to go.
Also, if you are working on your feet or sitting; a massage gun can help you relieve some tension in your muscles. Check the article below to learn how to use a massage gun for your lower back:
Getting Pain-Free With Using A Massage Gun For Lower Back Pain
Thank you for reading.
Also, if you want to help us, please share this image!