The best diet for skinny guys to gain weight and muscle is actually not all that different from the best diet for someone who wants to lose weight. For both cases, a balanced diet that meets your caloric intake requirements and has proper percentages of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins will yield optimal results.
If you are skinny, you will need to follow a simple diet that consists of proper foods that are high in protein and calories. It is also best if you consume this type of diet while you are training. The holy grail of dieting is to get enough protein and calories without overdoing carbohydrates or fats to avoid unwanted weight gains.
The rest of the article will explain the specifics in detail.
How to Gain Weight When You Are Skinny?
How to gain weight as a skinny guy? It might sound like a silly question, but for some of us, those extra pounds just won’t come. There are nine easy and natural ways you can try to increase your weight-gain potential:
- Drink more water: the average human needs about eight cups a day, but if that’s not enough for you, try adding a tablespoon or two of honey to help make it tasty.
- Add protein to your diet: this is going to be the most important factor in any weight gain effort. You might want to avoid going overboard on fatty cuts of meat and instead focus on lean proteins such as chicken breast or eggs. Check this article for high-protein food options: 21 Super Low Fat High Protein Foods for Weight Loss
- Get more sleep: a lack of sleep can cause your body to crave calories and it can also make you more likely to make unhealthy choices (i.e., eat the wrong foods). Try getting seven or eight hours of sleep each night.
- Add bulk and nutrients to your diet: in order to get the extra calories you need, you’ll want additional fats and proteins, as well as plenty of fruits and vegetables. Also, avoid drinking sugary beverages along with your meals. Instead, drink unsweetened tea or a glass of water with lime.
- Eat a High Carb Diet: A high-carb diet has been shown to be effective for weight gain. The low-carb diet allows the body to quickly burn stored fat and consume only what it needs. The high carb diet, on the other hand, allows the body to store extra calories as fat while it’s in a state of “starvation” and then when you start eating again, you’ll have plenty of stored energy to burn off those extra calories.
- Spend More Time Eating and Exercising: Watch less TV, movies, and video games to increase the time you’re more likely to spend eating and exercising. You shouldn’t gain bad weight anyways.
- Eat More Meals and Eat Late: Eat more meals a day, eat later in the day. Do not eat the same thing every day to not get sick of it, get a variety of food to gain weight. Keep your metabolism up by drinking water and eating carbs. You can also eat protein and fat to gain weight. Drink lots of milk before going to bed or at any time you need to gain weight quickly. There are many ways you can successfully get the weight you need without going on a strict diet.
- Take Vitamins: Almost all Americans are not getting the number of recommended servings a day in their diet, which can cause you considerable deficiencies in nutrients like calcium, iron, zinc, and more. Most importantly, vitamin supplements can help you maintain a healthy diet while providing some vital nutrients that your body needs daily that you might not get enough of from food alone. Take multivitamins and vitamin C supplements to gain weight in a healthy way, you may eat too much junk food and miss out on essential micronutrients. Check this article for starter: The Best Vitamin C Supplements That Will Restore Your Health
- Use mass gainers: Mass gainers are a type of supplement that helps you pack on muscle mass and weight. There are many variants available, including those that can help you increase strength, endurance, and recovery. They can be found easily online, they tend to be more affordable than other supplements with similar effects. Have no fear! They’re not steroids or drugs so you don’t need a prescription to use them. If used correctly and safely then mass gainers should provide muscle-building benefits without putting your health at risk.
Best Calorie-Dense Foods
Calorie-dense foods are a MUST HAVE in a diet for skinny guys. You have to fuel up before and after intense workouts or long bouts of cardio. You must eat a lot of protein to keep your muscles nourished and repaired. And you need foods that will give you enough energy to get through your entire day. Calorie-dense foods are a lifeline in a diet for skinny guys.
Calorie-dense foods are something you need in a pinch, but they’re not something you need for long periods of time or especially over the long term.
So, why do we think that? First, focusing on calorie-dense foods might lead you to forget micronutrients. Calorie-dense foods can be bad for you because they don’t provide the vitamins and minerals that fill our bodies and keep us healthy.
You can still be skinny even if you eat thousands of calories every day and ate calorie-dense foods all day long! Also, you can put mayonnaise on everything, drink two gallons of water and milk at every meal (Yeah, it sounds crazy), and eating plates full of potato chips. You might be too tall or you don’t eat as much as you think. Most skinny guys eat only one huge meal and forget to eat more meals during the day.
Here is a list of some of the calorie-dense foods for snacking:
– Bacon, 15 pieces: 805 calories
– Full-fat milk, 1 cup: 149 calories
– Tuna, 3 oz raw: 92 calories
– A whole avocado, (or larger chunk if you prefer): 322 Calories
You can also eat these calorie-dense foods in a diet for skinny guys:
Foods high in protein include red meat, pork, and chicken with skin (don’t deep fry chicken), salmon, beans, whole milk, eggs, cheese, and full-fat yogurt.
You can eat potatoes, brown rice, whole grain pasta, whole grains, and whole-grain bread as carbohydrate sources.
You can find fat in nuts and nut butter, avocados, butter, salad dressings, mayonnaise, and cheeses high in fat.
Diet for Skinny Guys
You should watch macros closely to not make any mistakes in your diet. A diet for skinny guy doesn’t mean you should eat everything; you should eat healthy to gain a healthy weight.
Acceptable Carbohydrates Levels:
You must first find out what your daily caloric requirements are before determining whether or not you need to count carbohydrates as part of your diet plan. It is usually best for a skinny guy or gal to have 500 calories more than their recommended daily caloric intake. Meeting that number will ensure that you are getting enough protein and calories for weight gain.
The rest of the caloric requirements can be met by consuming a proper amount of carbohydrates. A balanced diet should have about 200 grams of carbohydrates per day which translates to approximately 60% of your total caloric intake.
Acceptable Protein Levels:
Protein should be the primary focus of the skinny guy’s diet due to its effects on building muscle while gaining weight. For each pound that you weigh, you need about .45 grams of protein per day. There are certain ratios that you can use for example 1 gram of protein is equal to 4 calories. If you multiply this by how much protein you need to take in then this is how many calories and grams of carbohydrates and fats you must consume in order to meet your caloric intake requirement per day. This is the first thing to look out in a diet for skinny guys.
Acceptable Fat Levels:
The only time that it is acceptable for you to consume fats in your diet should be after you have worked out and have burned off more calories than the amount you are taking in.
The rest of your diet should be made up of low-fat foods with little or no trans fat.
Water is the best beverage to consume because it has no calories and it makes up 60% of your body weight. The second best beverage is milk, which has a lot of calcium that is essential for keeping your bones strong during the weight gain process. Sports drinks are okay if you are exercising hard because they replenish the electrolytes and water retention lost during exercise sessions. Also, mass gainers are okay too as long as they got healthy carbs and protein!
Best Mass Gainer for Skinny Guys
MassOne mass gainer provides 720 calories and 130 grams of carbohydrates per serving in order to increase weight gain.
This low-sugar protein powder helps you build mass without a lot of added sugar. It has only 8 grams of sugar per serving.
There are 46 grams of high-quality protein from 6 different sources in this mass gainer. Fast and slow-digesting proteins are used in this for best results.
They use Good Manufacturing Practices to ensure you get safe, natural ingredients, so you get a protein powder you can trust.
You can mix 3- 4 scoops of MassOne with water, milk, or juice of your choice based on thickness and texture preferences. If you are on a high-calorie diet, supplement your protein intake with 2-3 shakes throughout the day for the best results.
We hope that with the info that we provided you were able to come up with a healthy diet plan.
Don’t forget to eat healthy foods packed with calories. Also, remember that you need some time to gain weight, be consistent with your diet and exercising, your time will come!
Thank you for reading.
Also, if you want to help us, please share this image!