Walking 30 minutes a day can be difficult if you are not used to it or think you don’t have the time, which is why this article will provide 7 incredible benefits of walking 30 minutes a day. These benefits include reducing the risk for type 2 diabetes, heart disease, some types of cancer, brain function, and memory preservation.
There are also plenty of health benefits to walking that go beyond the physical body. The article will also discuss how it can help relieve stress and depression as well as improve memory retention in later life. As such, thinking about taking on these new benefits? Get your shoes on and get started!
7 Incredible Benefits of Walking 30 Minutes a Day
1) Improved Heart Health
If you’re interested in maintaining heart health, the only way to do so is by eating right and exercising regularly. However, if you don’t have the time or desire to work out on your own, walking is a great alternative. When done regularly, it can help reduce your risk of developing arterial disease. As you grow older, you’ll realize how important the benefits of walking 30 minutes a day.
2) Reduced Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
Did you know that walking on a regular basis can help reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes? This is because it helps the body produce insulin at the proper levels, something that those with type 2 diabetes are commonly lacking. (1) Although it isn’t the only thing you need to do, walking can be a great first step towards reducing your risk of developing the disease.
3) Decreased Risk for Cancer
A healthy diet and exercise routine are two key components to preventing cancer. However, few people realize just how beneficial walking could be when it comes to reducing your risk of developing any type of cancer. In addition to this, it may also prevent the recurrence of the disease altogether. (2)
4) Improved Focus and Cognition
Walking is a great way to improve your cognitive function, something which will become even more important as you age. As you get older, your ability to focus and think quickly will slowly come to a halt.
However, improvement of cognition is one of the key benefits of walking 30 minutes a day. As such, it’s great for anyone who suffers from problems with memory or attention span. (3)
5) Better Memory
If you’re one of those people who struggle to retain information, this is another reason you should walk. In fact, it should be a key part of your daily routine. It can be an invaluable tool in restoring your memory as you age and will help by improving the blood flow to your brain.
6) Lowers Stress Levels
If you’re someone who suffers from anxiety or stress, you may want to consider walking daily because it can significantly improve your ability to deal with these common problems.
Walking could help by reducing stress and anxiety in a way that nothing else does effectively.
7) Increased Physical Activity
Finally, one of the best benefits of walking 30 minutes a day can help you form a healthy routine by increasing your overall physical activity. In this way, you should find yourself becoming more inclined to work out, something which will no doubt benefit you over time.
How to Be Disciplined Enough to Reap the Benefits of Walking 30 Minutes a Day?
Walking is so beneficial, but it can also be hard to stick with, as our own bodies can often complain. But walking is the one exercise that you don’t have to make excuses for exercising—because it’s good for your body and mind. You don’t need a gym membership or any equipment to work out at home. Just take 30 minutes of walking as part of your daily routine.
Here are some quick tips to make walking daily a habit:
- You can walk anywhere. You can walk down the street, on a treadmill, or even jump in your car and go get some fresh air out in the woods; it doesn’t matter where you are as long as you start by walking and getting a workout in no matter where you wind up. Walking is something that you can do anywhere, at any time.
- Don’t overdo it—walk for a set amount of time and then stop. Start with 10 minutes a day and go from there as you improve your fitness level and endurance. The key is disciplining yourself enough to know when it is time to quit and come back another day or keep going at your own pace.
- When you get more advanced you might also want to consider walking uphill, or walking over rough terrain, as it will help strengthen your lower body muscles and allow you to work out for a longer period of time.
If you are looking for comfy and quality shoes, be sure to check the article below:
- A good way to exercise is by putting on music and listening to it while you walk outside. If you need some large open space and immerse yourself in nature, then head down to the beach or the local park.
- You can also walk in a group or alone with friends. Go out for lunch or coffee and talk with fellow walkers as you go along.
- You can also try walking in an indoor gym if you don’t want to get outside. You will get a good workout and see other people doing the same thing, encouraging you along the way.
- Also, you may consider waking up at 5 am and going out for a walk. It’s a great feeling in the morning when you can see everyone else is still asleep except for you!
- Finally, a great motivator is seeing results, so keep track of how many miles per week you walk while you are getting started. It will be very motivating to see your progress as it makes it easier to stick with your new routine.
Walking is a great way to improve your health and well-being in many ways. Sure, it may require you to put in some effort every day but this is well worth the time that you spend doing so.
Learning how to make walking a daily habit is also super important because when you don’t have the right mindset; you’ll eventually fail. Be sure to check the articles below:
Thank you for reading.
Also, if you want to help us, please share this image!